Közösség > English conversation

Topic in english language

(1/4) > >>

Rotbart:
Úgy látom, moderátori jogosultsággal nem lehet a legfelső szinten topikot létrehozni, ezért egyelőre itt a hely.

rty42:
Sooo... free for all :D

Sparki:
Hello everyone and welcome to this forum and Hungary. As someone who is new to Hungary and their products I`m very happy to have this topic where we can share know how, ideas, shopping places and etc.

So you are new to Hungary, not sure where to find and what are Hungarian wet shaving products? Dont look more, you are at right place.

Where to find blades?
DM drogerie - Wilkinson classic (both razor and blades) + Gillette platinum
Rossmann - Wilkinson classic (both razor and blades) + Gillette platinum + Isana blades
Thanks to member Black (can someone please translate this few lines of Hungarian):

--- Idézetet írta: Black - 2017. Július 25. - 09:59:58 ---Lord Super Chrome (Goods Market, Vianni, Eurós, egyéb háztartási és illatszer bolt)
Lord Platinum (passz, csak lépcsőházi lerakatban futottam bele)
Lord Super Stainless (Goods Market, Vianni, Eurós, egyéb háztartási és illatszer bolt)
Zölt Astra - Astra Platinum (Goods Market, Vianni, Eurós, egyéb háztartási és illatszer bolt)
Kék Astra - Astra Stainless vagy mi (Goods Market, Vianni, Eurós, egyéb háztartási és illatszer bolt)
Gillette Platinum (tesco, DM, talán más nagyobb boltok.)
Wilkinson (DM, Goods Market, Vianni, Eurós, egyéb háztartási és illatszer bolt)

--- Idézet vége ---

If you want to try some of the Lord blades or razoz, you can order them online from distributor http://shop.lordeurope.com/Hagyomanyos-Borotvak-c5_0_1.htm and either pick them in the warehouse or ask for delivery. Minimum order is 1000 HUF (roughly 3,3 euro) and they are super friendly and helpful.

What are traditional Hungarian shaving products?
As I know there are two most famous ones, or at least they told me before I came here:
Barbon and Figaro, both shaving cream and after shave made by Caola http://caola.hu/en/product-category/for-men/.

I will really appreciate to know more about
- Local products
- Natural cosmetic, specially shaving soap and after shave / balms
- Good and local brush makers in Budapest
- Where the locals are going for shaving ? What is the best barber shop in town?

Thank you for reading and I hope that this will be useful for someone :)

hoper:
As far as I know, Balatoni and Cinke are good Hungarian handmade shaving soaps, they can be ordered from their websites. You can order Cinke after shave balm too. Adam's is a Hungarian brand, they make shaving creams and after shaves and after shave balms. They smell good and very cheap. You can buy'em from Enker and Euro Shops. There is a french company named Bradoline. They produce their products here in Hungary. They make Alex after shaves and after shave balms and Bond after shaves. You can buy it from Tesco, DM, West and in Christmas time in Spar in packs.

Detre:
If you're shopping for blades in Budapest, besides the obvious online option, cheap stores are a better bet than the omnipresent dm&rossmann (and müller, may I add) chains. I think those only carry Wilkinsons and terrible rebranded pieces of steel.

Most One Euro Market and DDA stores carry Astra or Lord blades, but the availability varies by store.
Small, independent stores might carry various Gillettes. A few cutlery and brush stores carry Mühle and Derby blades but at quite high prices.
The more run-down the store looks, the better your chances to get blades are. You need to ask for the blades, as they might not be on display.
My own experience is that the availability varies quite wildly. A certain blade you'd bought may not be found at the same store a month later but may pop up weeks after - or never again. Unfortunately I'm yet to find a store with a consistent and wide variety of DE blades.

Black listed a few stores in which the mentioned blade could be found. The information might be obsolete, as I've never seen Gillettes in the fancier stores.

As to local brush making, you may seek member szekelya or visit a small store, 1001 Kefe, in District VII. They are said to make affordable boar brushes occassionally.

Barbon and Figaró are indeed traditional, generations old product lines - complete with an aftershave splash - and work just fine. The screw-on caps of the creams are notoriously flimsy, though. Don't ever try tightening them.
Neither their packaging, nor their scent has changed. Both are heartwarmingly old-school and completely out of vogue. This is how generations of Hungarian grandpas like them.

There's a very well received artisanal soap brand "Cinke major" ("Tit manor" - but it's the bird, perv!) offering a wide selection of high quality scented shaving soaps and balms. Their products deserve recognition.

There's a growing number of specialized barber shops, but I'm not qualified to assess their services since I shave in my bathroom.

Navigáció

[0] Üzenetek főoldala

[#] Következő oldal

Teljes verzió megtekintése